A 22-year-old man was arrested Wednesday morning after driving off the road with an unbuckled 1-month-old in the back seat at East First Street, according to a Hopkinsville police report.
Kent Wheeler, Hopkinsville, was arguing with a woman when she left and got in the passenger seat of their vehicle, the report states. Wheeler reportedly followed her and got into the driver’s seat and left, with their 1-month-old unbuckled in the back seat in his car seat.
Wheeler then allegedly grabbed the woman by her hair, shoved her head down and started punching her. During this, Wheeler drove off the road and into bushes on Russellville Road, according to the report.
Wheeler reportedly got out of the car and ran on foot from the scene and the baby was left in the back seat crying.
Wheeler was charged with fourth-degree assault and first-degree wanton endangerment.
In other reports:
- April Forrest, 36, Hopkinsville, was arrested for first-degree wanton endangerment Wednesday night in a home on West Second Street after breaking a window and putting children in danger, according to an HPD report.
- Earline Cornell reported her trailer stolen between May 1 and June 15 from her property on Sanderson Drive, according to an HPD report.
- Beverly Hassell reported her ring, worth $750, was stolen between 7:30 and 11:59 p.m. June 5 from her home on West 17th Street, according to an HPD report.
- Shawn Gilkey reported that someone stolen two iPhone 10s Wednesday afternoon from his home on South Clay Street, according to an HPD report.
- Robert A. Bell, 49, Hopkinsville, was arrested on the strength of a warrant Thursday morning on Venter Street for second-degree burglary, according to an HPD report.