What you need to know about Hopkinsville, Christian County, Kentucky

With a long, rich history, Christian County located in South Western Kentucky on the Tennessee-Kentucky state line gives you plenty of opportunities to enjoy life.

Even with rapid growth, the area remains true to its rural roots. The people are close to the land (agricultural history dates back to the 1700’s). Our residents like this place, and they stay for generations. Workers aren’t transient like they might be in large, urban areas.

Among the beautiful, white blooms of Dogwood trees and the rolling hills of the Kentucky countryside you’ll find the city of Hopkinsville. Settled in 1796, Hopkinsville is a leisurely 15 minute drive from Fort Campbell and merely an hour drive from several larger urban areas including Nashville, TN.

Recreational opportunities are abound from disc golf and a skate park to a recreational pool and to a greenway system through the city. There are numerous free parks for sports, picnics and family gatherings.

Land Between the Lakes, a National Recreation Area, is located west of Hopkinsville. This is an outdoor enthusiast’s haven featuring hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, horseback riding, and OHV trails, as well as campgrounds, fishing, and hunting. Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park is 14 miles north of Hopkinsville and offers a lodge, cottages, camping, and a restaurant. Activities include fishing, swimming, trails, golfing, and boating.

The weather is mild. The climate is moderate with an average annual temperature of 69 degrees and just 10 inches of snowfall.

The community takes pride in its arts boasting a rejuvenated old 700+ seat theatre, The Alhambra. Included in performances of local talent and production groups, the Pennyroyal Arts Council brings in top entertainers from all over the country.

Be forewarned, Hopkinsville-Christian County practices southern hospitality. People are friendly here, whether you’re strolling in your new neighborhood or enjoying a local restaurant. This is a community where neighbors help neighbors.

Just as South Western Kentucky’s rural location offers the benefits of lower payroll expenses and enhanced employee loyalty, it can also mean exceptionally good values for homebuyers. In fact, the average sale price of a home in our three county area is well below the national average.

The community offers an excellent diversity of home options. There are lovingly restored, century old mansions on tree-lined streets. There are executive retreats on golf courses. Country homes with wide, open spaces. Beautiful lake front or lake view homes. Traditional suburban neighborhoods. Starter homes and apartments.

Compared with large cities, buyers here are pleasantly surprised by how much home they get for their investment. And be forewarned: We practice Southern hospitality in South Western Kentucky. People are friendly here, whether you’re strolling in your new neighborhood or enjoying a local restaurant.




Click on the logo for a full list of homes for sale.




Things you need to know

Hopkinsville Registrations

Driver's license
Road tests for driver's licenses can be scheduled at the Christian Circuit Clerk's Office inside the Christian County Justice Center, 100 Justice Way, or by calling 270-889-6539. The office also handles driver's license renewals.

Christian County residents wishing to vote must register at the Christian County Clerk's Office inside the Christian County Courthouse, 511 S. Main St., 270-887­4105.

Marriage licenses
In Christian County, marriage licenses can be obtained at the Christian County Clerk's Office inside the Christian County Courthouse, 511 S. Main St., 270-887-4105.

Here are some telephone numbers that you might find useful.

Company Name:Address:Phone:
Hopkinsville Electric Service   1820 E. Ninth Street887-4200
Pennyroyal Rural Electric   2000 Harrison St886-2555
Solid Waste   515 Weber Street 887-4137
Hopkinsville Water   401 East Ninth Street 887-4246
Atmos Energy   1-888-286-6700
Time Warner   530 Noel Ave1-(888) 699-5615
Dish Network   112 S Main St 1-888-825-2557
DirecTv   1-888-777-2454
Driver's License100 Justice Way 889-6540
Chamber Of Commerce   2800 Fort Campbell Blvd   885-9096


Fort Campbell

Motor vehicle and bicycle registration
All personnel assigned to, living on or employed at Fort Campbell must register their vehicles within 10 days of signing into Fort Campbell. Required documenta­tion includes valid driver's license, state registration and proof of insurance. In ad­dition, those registering a motorcycle must have the motorcycle endorsement on their license and present their Motorcycle Safety Foundation Card. Drivers also are required to have all these documents in their possession when driving on Fort Campbell.
Vehicles and bicycles can be registered at the Gate 4 Visitors' Center, Building 5004, 270-798-5047; Gate 7 Visitors' Cen­ter, Building 7199, 270-956-4495; or In/Out Processing, Building 2577, Room 117C, 270-412-6997.

The Family Travel Office, located at 2577A Screaming Eagle Blvd., Room 106, is responsible for processing all official passport requests. Call 270-798­4965/2036 for hours, more information and to obtain a list of necessary docu­ment. Passports needed for nonofficial travel may be obtained from the Fort Campbell Post Office.

Off-post housing

Military personnel should report to the Housing Services Office (HSO) to receive housing counseling prior to entering an agreement to obtain off-post housing. The HSO assists in acquiring off-post rental hous­ing, tenant/landlord complaint mediation, pre-occupancy adequacy inspections, as well as assistance with home purchasing and selling.

The HSO is located in Building 850 on the corner of Georgia Avenue and 16th Street. Call 270-798-3808.

For more details:

On-post housing

Soldiers who have one or more eligible fam­ily members living with them may apply for on-post housing through Campbell Crossing. Application must be made in person. Once eli­gibility has been determined, a wait length to re­side on Fort Campbell will be estimated.

Campbell Crossing oversees several housing areas on post. Walk-ins to com­plete the application are accepted at the Leasing Center, located in Building 850 on the corner of Georgia Avenue and 16th Street. Telephone 931-431-9003.

For more details:

Fort Campbell Single soldier housing

Single soldiers who are ranks E-1 to E­5 and have no dependents must live on-post in single soldier housing. Single soldiers E-6 and greater are required to live off-post, and are authorized to receive Basic Housing Allowance (BHA) without dependent rate.

There are no senior enlisted quarters or of­ficer quarters housing units on post. The HSO maintains listings of available apartments or houses for rent or purchase off-post.

Lowest Gas Prices in Cadiz, Elkton, Hopkinsville
Kentucky Gas Prices provided by

Real-time Stocks