(From left) Firefighter recruit graduates Anthony Richardson, Jordan Holloman, Julio Perez, Lane Thomas, Nathan Stewart and James Richardson hold their firefighting helmets as they recite the the Hopkinsville Fire Department mission statement during their graduate from the firefighter training academy at the main station Friday night. They were six of 100 applicants that applied to be firefighters in June and completed their training this week to become full-fledged firefighters. During the academy, their training class had the same class slogan as did Fire Chief Steve Futrell when he was a recruit, "Fit to Fight." During the graduation, the recruits had their "recruit" label removed from their helmets and replaced with their firefighter badge number and were given their badge as a symbol of becoming ready-to-go firefighters.
- Crime Stoppers offering reward for information
- Sentencings and Indictments
- Department of Fish and Wildlife tests Asian carp removal technique
- For the love of Ferrell's: Patrons bid $2,750 to eat first burgers off grill, help library
- Retired HCC prof honored for 'opening doors'
- 19-year-old arrested for alleged trafficking, possession of stolen gun
- Lillian Chandler
- Here's what you should know about the coronavirus in Kentucky
- Means Avenue Baptist dedicates new addition
- Boling recuses himself from Alexander perjury case; motion for dismissal scheduled for review